Get involved and volunteer with INTune Radio
INTune Radio are an internet based radio station covering the county of Shropshire and being available on the internet, the world.
We broadcast pre-recorded show content mostly that is available through our website player, through our app, and by using smart devices such as Alexa.
Each and every person involved in the station is here on a voluntary basis; however please don’t confuse the word ‘voluntary’ with the word ‘amateur’. Some of our team have worked in radio , and we take some guidance from advisers who are working at some of the country’s leading stations, some are award winning. Others bring their own skill set from outside of the radio industry, having never set foot inside a studio before they join us.
We devote our time because we love what we do, we love our county and wish to help charities, community organisations and businesses succeed.
We have an ever-growing team of 25 volunteers who all work together to produce a fully functioning, local community radio station from the heart of Shropshire.
Throughout the year, we have a selection of opportunities opening up. These range from helping out behind the scenes, to staffing our roadshows and assisting with training and events – it’s a great way to learn new skills and develop confidence plus, whether it’s an hour a week or 4 hours a day, it’s a great way to have some ‘you’ time to indulge in what you love.
Working at a community radio station isn’t exclusively about presenting a show – in fact that’s a tiny percentage of what goes into making any radio show. Presenters, at any level, rarely walk into that role – they spend time learning the trade and understanding the station intimately first.
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER
Below are just some of the opportunities to get involved with. These are the roles we are looking to fill as a priority, however if you have previous media experience, or are over 18 and studying for broadcast or journalistic qualifications, then we’d love to hear from you too.
Fill the form below to register your interest.
Include any information to help such as including links to examples of your work, especially if you are looking for an on air role. We’re not looking for 30 years at the BBC – just to hear your voice and style.
DARWIN RADIO STUDIO STAFF
Volunteer to help us run day-to-day operations at our Darwin centre radio studio.
- You’ll have at least 12 months retail and/or admin experience
– you’ll need to assist with booking interviews and meetings using a computer, meeting and chatting to interviewees helping them feel welcomed and relaxed, and liaising with members of the public who’ll have a host of questions for you to answer.
- Social media posting experience is important as you snap our guests and roll out across our social streams with catchy headlines and text.
- You’ll be confident, considerate and open to challenges and cool with things happening at the last minute, being able to think on your feet and think ahead
- An interest in audio editing or radio equipment so you can learn some basics to help teach others – would top it off.
- Finally, a love of music, localism, Shropshire Charities, Community Groups and businesses 🙂
Our centre studio will be open from 9am till 5pm, 6 days per week, and 10:30 till 4pm on Sundays.
We’re looking for volunteers that we can rota to cover opening hours, this is very important for us to know and must be as consistent as possible.
If you can can commit to Monday morning and Thursday afternoon (for instance) we can use you!
Remember this is an unpaid Volunteer role where commitment is key – we need to be able to depend on you!
Simply email your name, contact points, experience and hours you could volunteer for to email@example.com
(Please take the time to explain your skills and interests so we know much more about you).
PS: We also need someone with bags of experience to manage our studio staff rotations – could this be you?
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
We really need a social media manager to work within our digital marketing team. We also need more experienced Marketeers who can help us vision goals over the next few years.
These are opportunities to grow your connections, develop your portfolio and work in the exciting arena of radio.
We’re looking to develop our team to help us continue to be the source for Shropshire stories.
• Writing and reading our on air entertainment updates/or sport bulletins
• Researching and writing content for our website
• Attending news conferences, interview opportunities and press calls
Candidates should ideally have previous experience in journalism with a solid understanding of the legalities involved in news writing, or be in the second year (or higher) of a degree level journalism course.
If that’s not you, but you have a great voice, you can join our team to read local updates, get out and about gaining audio interviews.
From grass routes and all sports, especially behind the scenes support to commentating at matches – if sport is your thing, then get in touch.
• Presenting one of our weekly sports shows
• Live commentary at local sports events
• Sports production support
Or, if your time is more limited but you have a passion for your local club, whatever the sport, why not join us as a contributor? If you have a detailed understanding and are able to provide valuable input into our sports shows and news – then get in contact.
PRODUCERS AND PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS
We are looking to expand our team of producers and production assistants to compliment and support our output of shows. This can be basic support skills such as answering the phone and vetting texts and emails, through to full production assistance ensuring shows run smoothly.
This role covers our daytime shows and specialist content. We’re particularly interested in production support for our The Mag, Out To Lunch and Drivetime shows (ideally with some experience) and for our sports show.
This is a great way to start your media journey and a great way to put skills from a college or University course into practice. You’ll learn new skills and develop existing ones, leading to other roles in the station in the future.
PRESENTERS / PODCASTERS
Whether your a DJ at a club spinning some tunes or in a band and crave the next step, a seasoned presenter wanting your own music or talk show or a podcaster with local connections we’re interested in hearing from you.
We have show slots available for DJ sets and music and chat content. We also have show formats awaiting you – we just need the right person for the right show, this could be you.
We’re planning our first Road-show – going to the four corners of Shropshire with our show ‘The Mag’ this will feature local representatives from the charity, community and business sectors to chat through issues current to them along with a local band or two.
We’re also at festivals and events throughout the year and we’ve a few ideas for a few other events too.
We need experienced people to help organsie our events, the run up, liaise with third parties and some our supporters, organise interviews etc along with being there on the day to help make sure all runs as smoothly as possible.
This requires a mixture of skills so if you have some events experience, have manged or organised events right through to wanting to upload social media posts about our events then please get in touch – we need your help! 🙂
We’re also looking for:
- New Business Manager
- Business Account Executive
- Audio Editors
- Office Administrator
- Event Organiser
- Community and Charity Liaison Officer
- The biggest requirement we have from all new members is commitment. If you’re successful and offered a role, we’ll invest time and money in training you – we need people who can commit to that role.
- All positions are voluntary.
- We do not accept applications by post. Please send your applications using the form below.
- At this time, sadly, we do not offer work experience placements.
- We aim to reply within 14 days, however if you haven’t heard from us in 28 days then please feel free to follow up your enquiry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.